FACILITY POLICIES & RULES
- Individuals utilizing this facility do so at their own risk. The property owners, referees, and staff of Grantham Indoor assume no liability for any injuries or accidents which may occur.
- Grantham Indoor reserves the right to refuse play and/or service to anyone.
- Conduct within the facility and on the playing field should always be in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- No foul, abusive, or derogatory language is ever permitted.
- Children under 12 must be supervised at all times. Parents are financially responsible for damages to Grantham Indoor property by their children.
- Grantham Indoor will provide all necessary soccer, lacrosse, and footballs, so please do not bring any into the facility. All sports equipment is ONLY to be used on the playing fields.
- No spectators are allowed on the playing fields.
- Glass containers are not permitted to be brought into the facility.
- No food, drinks (other than water), chewing gum, or spitting permitted on playing surface.
- Grantham Indoor does not assume responsibility for any lost items.
VIOLATION OF ANY RULES OR POLICIES MAY, AT THE MANAGEMENT’S DISCRETION, RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION, UP TO, AND INCLUDING, THE FORFEITURE OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S OR A TEAM’S PRIVILEGE TO PARTICIPATE IN FUTURE ACTIVITIES AT GRANTHAM INDOOR AND EJECTION FROM THE FACILITY WITHOUT REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
In an effort to make participation in activities at Grantham Indoor a more rewarding experience for all those involved, Grantham Indoor’s management has instructed all staff and officials to adhere to certain rules and guidelines relating to sportsmanship. This is designed to encourage players, coaches, officials, parents, spectators and team administrators to display sportsmanship and maintain an enjoyable atmosphere here at Grantham Indoor.
Grantham Indoor staff and officials will implement the following guidelines:
|A two minute penalty may be assessed for unsportsmanlike conduct whenever a player:
Any time that a player persists in any of these actions, they shall be assessed a 5 minute penalty (Yellow Card).
A Red Card will be assessed if the player continues such action.
|The referee will assess a verbal warning for unsportsmanlike conduct if a coach disputes or argues any decision. If these actions persist, the coach will be given a Red Card. Because of the presence of youths, an immediate Red Card will be issued if a coach uses obscene or vulgar language at any time, even if it is not directed at a particular person.|
|RED CARD POLICIES|
ANY TWO RED CARDS IN THE SAME YEAR (SEPTEMBER-AUGUST) WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF ALL FACILITY PRIVILEGES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON.
|SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT|
ANY SPECTATORS UNABLE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF CONDUCT MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES AND MAY NOT BE PERMITTED TO RETURN IN THE FUTURE.
Soccer League Information
- League Registration & Fees
- Teams are registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A deposit (generally 10% of the league fee) is required to guarantee a spot in a league.
- Deposits are non-refundable UNLESS the spot can be filled.
- All payments are DUE IN FULL prior to the start of the 1st game of the session. There will be no exceptions to this rule. If a team has not made full payment, they will not be permitted on the field for the warm-up period and if they still have not paid in full before their warm-up period is expired, they will forfeit their game.
- All age cut-offs are as of August 1st (ie. for 2007-2008, U10 players must have been born after 8/1/1997)
- Number of teams
- Most leagues will be scheduled to accommodate 8 teams.
- If more than 8 teams apply, they will be officially placed on a waiting list and, if possible, accepted in pairs, on a “first-come-first-served” basis as the schedule permits.
- If less than 8 teams apply, the schedule may not be distributed through the 1st week to permit the possible application of more teams.
- “House” teams
- Every attempt will be made to create opportunities in each league for individuals to join a team if they don’t already have one. If possible, we will create House teams with these players.
- All individual applications will be processed and the date we receive the application and payment will be clearly marked on the application. These will then be placed on a waiting list and processed on a “first-come-firstserved” basis.
- Sneakers, indoor shoes and turf shoes are allowed on the turf. Screw-in, metal cleats and molded cleats are not allowed in the facility.
- Shin guards are strongly recommended for all soccer players, and REQUIRED for all players 18 and under.
- Pinnies are available for league use.
- Soccer Balls
- Tykes use a size 3 ball
- U8-U12 use a size 4 ball
- U14 and older use a size 5 ball
PLEASE RESPECT ALL GRANTHAM INDOOR PROPERTY AND RETURN ALL BALLS AND PINNIES TO THE OFFICE OR TO THE REFEREE AT THE COMPLETION OF EACH GAME.
- Referee Staff
- Grantham Indoor’s management staff would like to reaffirm that referees are the officials of the game and have complete authority. His/her decisions regarding the games are final.
- Constructive comments regarding referees are welcomed. Please submit any such comments in writing.
- Complaints regarding officials should be submitted in writing and contain points of fact.
- Player Rosters
- Each team is permitted to have a maximum of 7 players on the field at one time including the goalie.
- Each team is permitted to have a maximum of 14 players on its roster.
- Adult Coed teams must have at least one player of each gender on the field at all times or will be required to forfeit the game.
- Player rosters must be submitted prior to the first game of the session.
- Changes are permitted up to and including the 6th week (or half way point) of the session.
- Failure to comply with roster rules will result in forfeiture of all games played by the illegal player(s).
- At the discretion of management, a team may claim hardship and add players to their roster after the 6th week, but ONLY in exceptional circumstances.
- The use of a player not listed on a team’s roster during a league game will result in a forfeit by that team.
- Players may only be on one roster in any given league, but individuals may play in multiple leagues.
- Player Boxes
- Only rostered players and coaches/managers (at least 18 years of age) are allowed in the Player Boxes during league games. Family, friends, guests, and fans must remain off the field in designated viewing areas
- An adult must be on each team’s bench taking responsibility for their team during all youth league games
- Teams must show up within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time or they will forfeit the game.
- Teams may play with a minimum of 5 players on the field and not forfeit the game.
- For standings purposes, forfeits are recorded as a 2-0 game.
- Game Scoring
- If a team in any league is winning by 10 pts or more, their score will be frozen until the trailing team scores. No margin of victory will be recorded as more than 10 pts.
- Referees will record and report the score as it is shown on the scoreboard.
- Coaches or captains are to verify and initial the score of their game prior to leaving the field
- A team trailing by 5 or more goals is permitted to field an extra player until they trail by fewer than 5 goals.
- Game Schedule and Make-up Games
- Games will be scheduled for a 60 minutes duration with 5 minutes for the teams to warm up, two 25 minute halves, and a 5 minute halftime.
- The clock does not stop for any reason including goals, fouls, injuries, substitutions, or goalie changes.
- If a team is unable to play a scheduled game, the opposing team may choose to accept a forfeit.
- If both teams agree to make up the match, it will be the teams’ coaches or captains’ responsibility to petition facility management. If management determines that there is time availablee, the teams must coordinate with each other to select an available time, as well as to arrange for a referee.
- Games may only be re-scheduled once.
- Playoff Scheduling
- Playoffs (and jamborees for the U10 league) will be held the last week of the session.
- All teams in the league will make the playoffs.
- Schedules for the playoffs will be posted online and sent to coaches/captains following the last game of the session.
- Playoff pairings will be based on standings for all 11 weeks.
- Standings will be determined by:
- Points (3 for a win, 0 for a loss, 1 for a tie)
- Win Percentage
- Goals Against
- Head-to-head record
- If it ever becomes necessary, a tie through all these categories will be determined by a sudden-win game scheduled as the first game of the playoffs, played by playoff game rules, as described below.
- Playoff Format
- Playoff games will be 25 minutes long
- Games ending in a tie will result in a 5 minute, sudden-win, overtime.
- If, after the 5 minute overtime, the game is still tied, each team will take 5 penalty kicks
- If, after penalty kicks, the game is still tied, the next round of 5 penalty kicks each will be sudden-win.
PARTICIPATION IN A LEAGUE INDICATES A COACH’S AND/OR CAPTAIN’S AGREEMENT TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TEAM MEMBERS’ AND SPECTATORS’ BEHAVIOR ON AND OFF THE FIELD AT GRANTHAM INDOOR
Soccer Rules of Play
- Laws of the Game
- Except as specified herein, the laws of the game followed at Grantham Indoor are as set forth in the latest edition of “Major Indoor Soccer League Rules of the Game”
- Unique Rules and Exceptions to MISL
- Slide Tackling is a “Cautionable Offense”
- Players are not allowed to place two hands on the boards to assist in shielding the ball from a defender.
- A ball that touches the net is out of play, resulting in a free kick directly beneath the spot at which the ball initially touches the net. If the ball touches the net at either end of the field of play, or above the penalty area, the ball is to be spotted for either a goal or corner kick.
- On a free kick, the non-kicking team must remain 3 yds from the ball until it is touched by the kicking team.
- Highlighted Rules
- The ball may not cross over the 3 middle lines in the air without touching another player, the wall or a ref. The opponent will be awarded a free kick from the line nearest to where the ball was played.
- There is no offside penalty.
- Goal Keepers must release the ball within 6 seconds of gaining possession with their hands.
- Punts or Drop Kicks are not allowed.
- *New Rule* Substitutions for players in all positions are unlimited and are made “on the fly”. The player being substituted for must be off the playing field before the substitute enters the field. Teams gaining an unfair advantage may be assessed a free kick or a 2 minute penalty and a free kick at the official’s discretion.
- Boarding (propelling an opponent into the boards) is a “Cautionable Offense”
- Teams are permitted 6 seconds to put the ball into play after any stoppage.
- 2 Minute Penalties
- Any “Cautionable Offense” (including slide tackling & boarding) will result in the player being instructed to serve a2 Minute Penalty in the Players’ Box (no card must be given).
- The player’s team must play short-sided for the duration of the penalty unless a goal is scored by the opposing team.
- A second “Cautionable Offense” will result in the player receiving a Red Card.
- Yellow Cards
- If a Yellow Card is assessed to a player, he/she must serve a5 Minute Penalty in the Players’ Box.
- The player’s team must play short-sided for the duration of the penalty even if a goal is scored.
- A player who receives a second Yellow Card for the “persistent infraction” of the rules will be given a red card.
- Red Cards
- If a player receives a red card, his/her team must play short-sided for the remainder of the current game, but may replace him in any following games
- A player or coach/manager given a red card or sent off during or after a game by a referee will be suspended from the remainder of the current game as well as the next game in the session. In addition, that player or coach/manager will be suspended from participating on any other team, in the same league or any other, until the suspension has been served.
- A player or coach/manager given a red card for “violent conduct” (including, but not limited to: spitting, threatening, and/or continued rough play), or for “foul and abusive language”, will be suspended as described above and may be subject to further disciplinary action, up to and including, the forfeiture of one’s privilege to use Grantham Indoor for any other activities as determined by the facility management.
- A player or coach/manager red carded for “assaulting an official” will automatically be permanently suspended from any further activities at Grantham Indoor.
- If a player is ejected from a playoff game, he/she will be prohibited from playing for the remainder of the playoffs, regardless of how many more games the team plays.
- If a player is ejected in the last game of the session, he/she will be prohibited from playing in the first game after he/she registers for another session.
- Any game in which a suspended player participates, will be forfeited by the team for which the suspended player plays. The suspended player will sit out one more week in addition to the original suspension.
- Players receiving more than one red card in a season (September-August) will not be allowed to play for the remainder of that season. No money will be refunded by Grantham Indoor.
Rental Rates and Policies
- Deposits and Payment
- Deposits are due 2 weeks before the scheduled rental. This applies to regularly scheduled Private Rental Groups (PRGs) as well as to one-time or week-to-week rentals.
- Deposits may be either:
- Payment equal to 1 hour of the rental.
- Credit card information which will only be used in the event of a “no-show”
- Deposits are non-refundable unless the time can be re-booked.
- Payment is DUE IN FULL prior to the 1st scheduled rental
- Invoices are available upon request.
- At the discretion of Grantham Indoor’s Management, Institutions and Organizations may be granted additional time for processing of payment.
|Rental Rates (as of 1/25/17)|
|Main Field||Peak: $235/hr (M-F, 6PM-Close; S/S, Open-Close)|
|Off-Peak: $185/hr (M-F, 3PM-6PM)|
|Discount: $135/hr (M-F, Open-3PM)|
|Small Field||$90/hr (M-F, Open-3PM)|
|Golf Simulators||M-F Until 5PM $25 / hour M-F After 5PM and All Day Weekends $30 / hour|
|Batting Cage||$20/ 1/2 hour of time|
- Any PRG which rents the field on a one time, or week-to-week basis, will not be booked until AFTER all the league schedules have been set. Priority will be given to groups renting the same timeslot for multiple weeks.
- Any PRG desiring to rent on a regular basis, but on a schedule not corresponding to the league session must wait until after all league schedules for the corresponding session(s) involved have been set.
- Every-other-week schedules will NOT be permitted unless 2 groups are willing and able to combine to commit to the entire session.
RENTAL OF ANY PORTION OF GRANTHAM INDOOR’S FACILITY INDICATES THE GROUP COORDINATOR’S AGREEMENT TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE GROUP MEMBERS’ AND SPECTATORS’ BEHAVIOR ON AND OFF THE FIELD AT GRANTHAM INDOOR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FACILITY POLICIES AND RULES .